Date: 7 July, 2017
Location: Corinthia Hotel Budapest (1073 Budapest, Erzsébet krt. 43–9.)
Type of event: indoor tasting of all the wines entered VinAgora wine contest
The largest international contest in Hungary
VinAgora is the largest international wine contest organized annually in Hungary. This year 556 wines were entered from 15 countries. Most of the results will be announced tomorrow at VinAgora wine gala, but some results are public now, for example the best of the single varietal wines:
Best Single Varietal wines in 2017
- Cabernet sauvignon: Liszkay Mihály Liszkay Cabernet Sauvignon, 2012
- Cabernet franc: Takler Wine Estate Takler Szekszárdi Cabernet Franc Reserve, 2009
- Chardonnay (draw between two wines): Kristinus Wine Estate Chardonnay, 2016 and Hilltop Neszmély Zrt. Kamocsay Ákos Hilltop Chardonnay Superior, 2013
- Furmint: Dobogó Winery Dobogó Tokaji Furmint, 2015
- Kékfrankos: Mikóczi Winery Szekszárdi Kékfrankos Rosé, 2016
- Olaszrizling: Varga Winery Aranymetszés Olaszrizling, 2015
Taste 556 wines and test yourself
VinAgora Wine Gala is a tasting with all the contest entries showcased in one place. Plus, you can find the profile and the result of the wine by the renowned international judges. Thus you can taste the wines, enjoy them, and the same time you can compare your own opinion with that of the experts. Learning and having fun at the same time – isn’t it appealing? The venue is the 5 star Corinthia Hotel Budapest, a glamorous building in the centre of Budapest, host of several wine events.
The venue is separated into 2 rooms:
Medal winners’ room: medal winner wines of VinAgora Wine Competition (max. 30% of competing wines due to the strict regulation). At this room you can taste the wines with VinAgora Wine Gala wristband and Complementary tickets – while stocks last.
All tickets purchased in advance includes tasting of at least 3 wines here.
those wines that did not get into the top 30%. Here you can taste as many wines as you would like (or can) with VinAgora Wine Gala wristband.
Tickets at the venue:
- VinAgora Wine Gala wristband (unlimited tasting at VinAgora room): 5000 HUF (16 euros)
- Complementary ticket (tasting of 5 wines at Medal winners’ room): 1500 HUF (4,8 euros)
Since its establishment in 1992, VinAgora, as a member of VinoFed, has become one of the most professional competitions in the world. It has obtained the patronage of major international professional organisations, such as OIV (International Organisation of Vine and Wine). It is an active member of VINOFED (Fédération Mondiale des Grands Concours Internationaux de Vins et Spritiueux).
The organizers strongly believe that the partnership and patronage of highly acclaimed international organisations helps evaluating Hungarian wines in an authentic and unbiased way.