Chocolate mousse is easy to make, and you can make it special with a william pear and a glass of Grand Tokaj Tokaji Aszú. Watch the video of this simple to make dessert. Be careful, it will be mouth watering!
How to make it?
The video guides you through the steps, but because of the Hungarian subtitles here we go with the translation.
- Melt 150 g dark chocolate above boiling water. Mix in 50 g butter. Let it chill. Beat 3 egg whites.
- Add 3 egg yolks, 50 g sugar, the grated lemon peel of half a lemon and the egg whites to the chocolate cream.
- Mix it carefully, fill two glasses with the mousse and put them in the fridge.
- Meanwhile cut one william pear into slices, boil them in 150 ml water, 4 tbs honey, 150 ml Grand Tokaj Tokaji Aszú 5 puttonyos 2013, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and some lemon juice.
- Whip 150 ml cream. Place the cooked pear slices on top of the mousses with the whipped cream. Decorate it, enjoy it and drink some Tokaji Aszú with it!
Grand Tokaj Tokaji Aszú 5 puttonyos 2013
Stunning complexity on the nose: botrytis from the aszú berries, peach, orange zest, walnut brittle, fig and exotic flowers, with a touch of dill at the end. Extremely clear fruitiness on the palate, orange, birch, pear and apricot notes combined with flavours of white chocolate and vanilla as well. The refined acidity keeps the structure firm, long, yet rounded. The mouth is full of lime and grapefruit and some matured, coffee notes during the prolonged finish. A genuine great wine of Tokaj at the beginning of its development with great potential.
More about Grand Tokaj and the wines